Re: Downloading problems

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 05:16:04AM -0700, Rox wrote:

> This is my first atempt to get linux and i'm not very experienced with
> downloading packages such as the pseudo-image package. When I tried to
> use the package it wouldn't work. First a worning would apear on the
> screen saying "couldn't find /tmp, please create" and then nothing would
> happen. Then an error is entered into the log file saying "Error: Could
> not get your passwd entry!Reason: No such file or directory". I tried
> three different servers and the situation repeated each time. I also
> could not find anything about such cases in the pseudo-image FAQ nor the
> bug list.
This doesn't sound like a unix system?

> Is there a way of downloading the images without the pseudo-image
> package, or could you please suggest some other website, where I could
> find instructions to use the pseudo-image (i have read the readme file).
Debian does not provide images for download. The FAQ explains it.
But others do, ie
 http://www.linuxiso.org/debian.html
I never tried them, I used the pi kit, there might be others, YMMV, etc.
If you only want a CD to install cdebian on one box, you might consider
buying a CD. Some vendors offer them for just a few bucks.

Christian