Re: New apt supports secured CD images

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 09:23:32PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> A new apt has just been uploaded which should work with the secured
> CD images:
>
>    * .aptignr and empty files are just a warning. Closes: #97364
>
> (thanks Culus!)
>
> So I assume it should be enabled again by default (after some
> testing with the new apt).

IIRC, the secured stuff was turned off because the *old* (potato) apt
couldn't handle it - correct? (The flamewar at the time covered a wide
range of topics, I may have missed something...;-) But people should
be able to upgrade directly from potato to woody!

A while ago, there was a proposal by Santiago Garcia Mantinan (also
archived with #97364) to kludge around the problem with the old apt by
putting the secured directory onto the CD, deeply nested in other
dirs. There was no reply to this on the list - would it make sense to
change debian-cd to do this?

Cheers,

  Richard

--