Re: Corrupt file on 2.2_rev0/i386/binary-i386-2.iso ?

Joerg Rieger <Joerg.Rieger@informatik.med.uni-giessen.de> writes:

> Hello Heikki,
>
> Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
>
> > Can someone verify if the file is actually corrupt, or is it just
> > the local image on trumpetti.atm.tut.fi that is incorrect.
>
> Unfortunately I can confirm that the file is also corrupt in my
> downloaded
> cd-image. The iso-image itself matches its published md5sum.

Damn -- looks like open's problems go as far as disk corruption (or
maybe copying the file through duff memory introduced the error).

Could someone please mount the CDs on a machine with a known good FTP
archive, and compare the CD files with those in the archive, to
establish the extent of the problem?

Perhaps we need to add this to our list of proposed regression tests
(i.e. read all the packages off the new image and ensure they unpack).

We'll probably need to check the other archs' CDs as well.

Cheers, Phil.