building gridengine on kFreeBSD

[I just noticed this never got posted...probably because of there were
logs attached. I'm resending with logs posted to external locations]

Hello,

The gridengine distributed resource management system is supported for
Linux, various BSDs, MacOS, and Cygwin, so I thought I'd try to get it
to build on kFreeBSD, but I"m having some trouble.

The code base makes use of a FREEBSD macro defined upon detection of
FreeBSD, so I've patched the build system to also define this macro when
kFreeBSD is in use.

After doing this, I first ran into a problem [1]
with the winsize struct not being defined:

In file included from ../libs/ijs/sge_ijs_lib.c:24:0:
../common/sge_ijs_comm.h:86:19: error: field ‘ws’ has incomplete type
    struct winsize ws;
                   ^~

For FreeBSD, the code base uses termios.h and sys/ioctl.h, but I found
out that the winsize struct is instead defined in sys/ttycom.h, so I
included that header to get around this problem. I'm not sure if there
was a better way. Anyway, my next problem after fixing this was to get
[2]:

../daemons/common/pdc.c: In function ‘pdc_kill_addgrpid’:
../daemons/common/pdc.c:242:24: error: format not a string literal and
no format arguments [-Werror=format-security]
         shepherd_trace(err_str);
                        ^~~~~~~
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
../daemons/common/Makefile:146: recipe for target 'pdc.o' failed
make[2]: *** [pdc.o] Error 1

At this point, it was 4am and I had already spent several hours logged
into a kFreeBSD-amd64 porterbox working on this. I thought it should be
simple to port this to kFreeBSD, but it's given me a difficult time.

My work is in the debian/experimental branch of the packaging repository:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-gridengine/pkg-gridengine.git/tree/?h=debian/experimental

All the relevant modifications to upstream code for this effort are in
debian/patches/kFreeBSD.patch. I'd very much appreciate some help with this.

Many thanks and regards
Afif

1.
http://pkg-gridengine.alioth.debian.org/logs/gridengine-kfreebsd.build.2.log