Re: kfreebsd-10 boot failure

On 25/06/13 13:53, Robert Millan wrote:
> Shrinking the partition is not enough, you need to clobber the end of
> disk too. Otherwise the überblock may still be found there.

I was thinking that, but Christoph said it worked for a while?

So maybe it was only an accident that it worked after shrinking - maybe
device naming/numbering coincidentally changed back to values matching
zpool.cache.  And now it is disagreeing again.

So yes, erasing the disk blocks after the ZFS partition should finally
fix it if this is the case.  The zfs.debug output should reveal if this
is really the issue.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain