Re: Mounting EFI partition: default to `uid=0,gid=0`

On 22/11/2023 at 00:54, yxcv@vienna.at wrote:
I' m afraid I have to read much more about d-i
Especially partitioning.
But where to start?

The debian-installer package contains some documentation (maybe incomplete and outdated) about partman, the d-i partitioning tool.
But I do not see the relationship with this discussion.

The script fstab.d/efi in installer udeb package partman-efi writes

UUID=xxxx-xxxx /boot/efi vfat umask=0077 0 1

to the target /etc/fstab. It means that the ESP is automatically mounted at startup and cannot be mounted by a regular user, so the default ownership is root:root and there is no need to force uid=0,gid=0.