Re: Debian Installer support for Chromebooks

On 04/12/2022 00:08, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Alper Nebi Yasak <alpernebiyasak@gmail.com> (2022-12-03):
>> I'd like these two udebs to be sponsored. [...]
>
> I don't think that's going to be an issue timing-wise. To be fair, if they
> aren't perfect yet by the time the release happens, we could always fix
> stuff in unstable and backport a few things to stable.
>
> The only thing I'll probably want to make extra sure of is that
> introducing those packages doesn't have any nasty side effects for other
> machines.

I'll try to test UEFI installations with my custom images on actual
hardware this week. Saw no problems on a QEMU VM so far.

>> [...]
>
> All of this is very interesting, I'm not sure where it would be best to
> keep all relevant documentation. Maybe some dedicated wiki page?

I want to eventually write an InstallingDebianOn/Chromebooks page, but
have been delaying that because my aim is to make it conceptually as
small as "Enable 'Developer Mode', write this image to a USB disk, press
CTRL + U to boot from it, follow the installer". Maybe as an appendix to
that, or something like DebianInstaller/Chromebooks? I don't know.