Re: Debian Installer support for Chromebooks

Hi Alper,

Am 3. Dezember 2022 22:08:50 MEZ schrieb Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>:
>> I'd like these two udebs to be sponsored. I know I'm quite late with
>> these, but hoping it's not too late for bookworm installer changes. They
>> are somewhat small, `cat **/* | wc -l` gives around 400-600 lines each.
>> I tested them on the two Chromebooks I have (one arm64, one x86).
>
>I don't think that's going to be an issue timing-wise. To be fair, if they
>aren't perfect yet by the time the release happens, we could always fix
>stuff in unstable and backport a few things to stable.

Since the packages contain translatable material, my 2 cents here:
I would propose to *not* add the new packages to the l10n machinery
before the release of bookworm, given were are late in the development
cycle.
Means, the new packages would be english-only (at least for the initial
release of bookworm).
I guess that's ok by you?

Holger

--