translations for d-i manual [ Was: Re: Status of D-I translations... ]

Hi,

Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> It means that we're indeed left with about only 10 languages that
> happen to be complete -> those where translators act on their own and
> know what to do to get a fully translated D-I.
>
> For others, most of the time, the registered person with commit access
> either vanished or doesn't care anymore for D-I to be fully
> translated.

The situation for the d-i manual is similar: we have some languages,
that did not receive no or nearly no translation updates since the
release of Wheezy.
Should those languages be deactivated?
These are:	japanese (no update since 17 months)
		russian (no update since 24 months)
		swedish (no update since 2 years 7 months)
		vietnamese (no update since 2 years 7 months)
		chinese zh_CN (no update since 2 years 3 months)
All of them are po-based translations, so the manuals are strictly
spoken not outdated (changed paragraphs fall-back to english), but it of
no good use for users probably?

Additionally, I would recommend to re-activate Danish. Joe Dalton did a
good job lately to catch up with the translation update (not fully up-to-date
though, but also po-based).

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.2.0 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   7 . 0   W H E E Z Y !