Nightly builds - EFI boot is broken, grub2 - the monitor out of sync

Hi Everybody,

I tried to install Wheezy, the nightly and weekly builds on a system with UEFI bios yesterday and unfortunately it failed. Based on messages I got it seems that the kernel in the UEFI image doesn't match the additional kernel modules. When I used the latest Beta, it worked.

The second issue I had was that the grub2 set the LCD monitor out of sync and there was no way to continue with the installation. At the end I edited the ISO image in a binary editor and changed in boot/grub/grub.cfg the line "set gfxmode=auto" to "set gfxmode=800x600" and it worked. Fortunately, there are enough spaces in the original grub.cfg file; you are clever guys ;-). The grub2 in the current Fedora 18 doesn't have such problems, so I suspect that some patches in the mode setting code might be missing, just guessing.

BR

Vaclav M.