Automatically created root partition seems to be quite small

[Please CC me, I'm not subscribed]

Hi,

my son and me independently installed two boxes with the recent Wheezy
beta installer.  Everything went smooth so far - thanks for your fine
work.

However, I might like to question the choice of the automatically
suggested size for the root partition (when always just pressing
<Enter>).  We both ended up with something that easily fills up for some
kind of "not very specific" installation.  I do not have direct access
to his box but mine looks like

$ LANG=C df -h | grep rootfs
rootfs                                                  331M  307M  7.5M  98% /

after installing the set of packages I used on the box before.  IMHO
the dir

$ LANG=C du -hs /lib/modules
200M    /lib/modules

is responsible for the problem because by doing simple

   apt-get dist-upgrade

you can end up with some kernel package installed in parallel and an
unexperienced user hardly will easily cope with the problem if its third
kernel package will not simply install any more.

Sorry if this was just reported, I'm not reading this list.  If not I
can easily turn this into a bug report in case you agree that this is a
problem that should be dealt with.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--