Re: [GSoC] blends-gsoc documentation

Hello Andreas,

Note: I fixed a dummy bug in blends-gsoc/tasks_diff, I found it while testing the changelogentry target for all Blends (it's weird that I did not noticed this in previous tests)

I think it would be a useful task to download *every* Blends Vcs and
recreate the needed files and also *commit* the resulting files back to
SVN, specifically to circumvent the changelog problems.  So once we
might switch to blends-dev 0.7 all Vcs are prepared.  The only Blend you
should not commit anything to is Debian Edu because they are preparing
a Wheezy release and do not want to change anything.  But I think you
would need to be a member of debian-edu group anyway to commit to this
repository.

The Blends which exist in git are OK, here is a summary:

* fun : (nothing to do for this)
* debian-pan : Initinal release (so this is fine)
* debian-games : Initial release (so also it is also fine)
* debian-gis : I committed  all the dependency json files (also for previous releases 0.0.2,0.0.3 corresponding tasks taken from git tags)

I finished adding all the needed files to the Blends in svn:

* debichem
* debian-science
* openstudio : initial release, nothing to do here
* debian-junior
* debian-accessibility : initial release
* debian-imaging: initial release
* debian-lex : initial release

For debian-ezgo although there are 3-4 releases none of them is tagged in svn, so how do we distinguish here which are the task files for the previous release? I was thinking of getting the revision number when the previous release was added in the debian/changelog and just  get the tasks files for that revision number.

Also for debian-multimedia you were right the git.debian.org/git/pkg-multimedia/multimedia-blends.git url is working. The problem is that when I tried to git push origin master to update the remote repo I get the following error:

error: insufficient permission for adding an object to repository database ./objects

fatal: failed to write object
error: unpack failed: unpack-objects abnormal exit
To git+ssh://ekiagias-guest@git.debian.org/git/pkg-multimedia/multimedia-blends.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (n/a (unpacker error))
error: failed to push some refs to 'git+ssh://ekiagias-guest@git.debian.org/git/pkg-multimedia/multimedia-blends.git'

Any ideas on this? I will check it again.

All the rest of the Blends should now work properly with all the make targets, all the needed files are there now.

Kind regards

Emmanouil