Re: [Piuparts-devel] package is not going to be installed

ok, well, Im sorry, Im really a newbie so I dont understand much of what
you are saying. Initially, I installed only the virtualbox package from
backports. Apperently, after running the downloaded hplip installation
script, I think, it installed other versions of some things (maybe
libqt4). Any ways, I reinstalled my whole system and installed hplip
first using their script. Afterwards, I added the backports repository
and installed virtualbox, but, upon doing so, many packgages (libqt4
related packages) were upgraded to their backports version; now, I guess
Im running a whole lot of libraries from backports. Really I suspect
something weird is happening when the hplip package is installing these
libraries (it sets the --force-version flag)
please tell me if its a problem Im running all these libraries from
backports; at least my package manager is not complaining when I try to
install new software,
thanks,