Re: 0ad backport, asking for review and upload

Hi,

> This is the first time that I write in this list. I would like to
> propose a backport of "0 A.D."[1] (0ad [2]), an historical Real Time
> Strategy game currently under development that is gaining some attention.
> The version on Wheezy is outdated, so I made a backport of the game from
> the version currently available on Jessie:
> - 0ad_0.0.14-3~bpo70+1 [3]
> - 0ad-data_0.0.14-1~bpo70+1 / 0ad-data-common_0.0.14-1~bpo70+1 [4]
>
> I tested the backport for a while on Wheezy amd64 without (unknown)
> problems.

I have few questions not related to the package itself:

Have you contacted with maintainer of this package? If yes, what did he say
about backporting it?

(Maintainer usually aware of developers habits about supporting builds with old
versions of libraries. If upstream do not support such builds, some non-trivial
patches may be required for packaging new versions of program in the future.)

Are you going to maintain this package for wheezy-backports on constant basis?

Best regards,
Boris