Re: Helper script for backport?

Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org> writes:
> Russ Allbery schrieb am Thursday, den 09. July 2009:

>> Ah, you need 1.15.1 or later.  That's a bit more aggressive than I
>> was hoping, although the version in squeeze is okay.
>>
>>   * Allow to combine -nc and -S in dpkg-buildpackage but display a warning
>>     saying that it's not advised. Closes: #304404
>>
>> I think you'll either need to use dpkg-dev 1.15.1 or later or modify
>> the backport script to remove -nc (or revert to the older version)
>> and install the necessary build-depends outside the chroot.

> And please remember to not build a backport for lenny-backports with a
> dpkg from squeeze or sid.

I'm fairly certain that doesn't matter for the use case that we're
talking about.  The squeeze/sid dpkg is only used to build a source
package for copying into the chroot.  That source package is then
discarded after being unpacked and the whole package is rebuilt inside
the chroot, including the source package, using the dpkg of the target
distribution.

Or am I wrong about how the cowbuilder environment works?