Re: new package for Siril 0.9.0

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 10:07:19PM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:
> Hi Vincent,

Hi Ole, thanks for the detailed reply!

> Vincent Hourdin <debian-siril@free-astro.vinvin.tf> writes:
> > I updated debian's git to have a working package for this upcoming
> > version. Could somebody check that everything has been done the proper
> > way and that the package is ready for release? We could then confirm
> > that the upstream package is ready for release as well.
>
> Nice to hear! I had a look on your package and have a few comments:
> There is a bug report for your package:
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/785246
>
> You can find this if you look at the "package tracker"
>
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/siril
>
> which is always a good page to see its status. Or, if you just want to
> have a summary on all your packages :-)
>
> https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-siril@free-astro.vinvin.tf
>
> This bug should be fixed and then closed in the changelog.

Oh these pages are nice! I didn't know about the bug, maybe I just
forgot it, or is it normal that I didn't receive a notification for it?
I think I fixed the bug and added a Closes: line in the changelog, I
hope it's the correct way.

> The build of the package went fine. One thing one should always do
> afterwards is to run "lintian" on the package:
>
> lintian -E -I --pedantic /var/cache/pbuilder/result/siril_0.9.0-1_amd64.changes
>
> (or whereever the .changes file is). For you package, it gives:
>
> I: siril source: quilt-patch-missing-description LICENSE_remover
> I: siril source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at line 5
> I: siril source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
> I: siril: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/siril powerfull powerful
> I: siril: desktop-entry-lacks-keywords-entry usr/share/applications/siril.desktop
> W: siril: command-in-menu-file-and-desktop-file siril usr/share/menu/siril:5
>
> The "W" here is a warning that should be solved (google for the keyword
> to see what it is actually about).
>
> For the informational messages ("I"), the second seems that a file was
> renamed or removed after the RC package -- please have a look which one
> it is. The other messages are not soo important; however it would be
> nice to have a "debian/watch" file to check whether there is a newer
> version -- even if not really needed here since you are upstream
> yourself.
>
> Everything else looks OK for me. Good work! If you can fix the bug,
> remove the lintian warning, and recheck debian/copyright, I would upload
> your package.

Oh yes I forgot about lintian.
I fixed the watch file issue, I added the keywords but I still have the
informational message, and I don't understand what is wrong with the
copyright, the mentioned files are all available.
I think we'll fix the typo for 'powerful' in a next version, if
everything else is alright you can upload.

Thank you very much

Vincent