Re: Governor problem with generic 6.1 arm64 kernel on Raspberry

Hi Andy,

I see your point... however the governor working or not seems to be a pure kernel issue, and Devuan does not support any arm platform and not build the generic kernels in the apt repository. Their repository is mainly fed from Debian one, with some changes when it comes to systemd vs. init.

There are prebuilt images for arm64 with custom compiled kernels without any method to do regular updates (they do not feed these kernels to the apt repository). This is why I ended in compiling the kernel by myself in the first place.

However, to be sure it really is a kernel issue I gave 20231109_raspi_4_bookworm.img an try today and the governor worked. So I installed the 6.1 kernel from the stable repository on my oldstable Devuan userland and still, the governor works.

So, there seems to be a difference between the 6.1 oldstable backport kernels vs. the ones in the stable repository.

My first posts primary intention was not to get support (as I do have a running system), but to point out a possible bug which is present in some Debian arm64 kernels, while others are working fine.

oldstable 5.10 --> governor not working
oldstable 6.1 backport --> governor not working
oldstable 6.1 RT backport --> governor working
stable 6.1 --> governor working

So after all, this does not seem to be a Devuan issue. I'd be glad to help tracking down this issue.

Alex