Re: Raspberry Pi 5

    From what's posted here:
    https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/1635, it appears that
    Raspberry Pi engineers have decided sleep/hibernate are too costly to
    pursue.

I received this response:

https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?p=2170236#p2170236
Re: RPi5 Bookworm Desktop: How to hibernate and sleep?
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:11 pm

That refers to Pi 4 (well it doesn't refer to Pi 4, but it was before the
launch of Pi 5!)

On Pi 5, the suspend to SDRAM is implemented in the kernel and firmware (it
worked the last time we tested it, but of course might be broken at the
moment). What we're waiting for is support from the SDRAM PHY team at
Broadcom to provide the sequences to get into and out of self-refresh
mode...

We're expecting to have that sometime in the new year...
Gordon Hollingworth PhD
Raspberry Pi - Chief Technology Officer - Software