Re: Re: NextThing C.H.I.P. v1.0 - Debian Stretch Installer from USB

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 03:57:52PM +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:

> I know I'm late to the party

Better late than never.
Also your message is a friendly reminder for myself that I wanted to work with my
C.H.I.P. again for quite some time and that my promised write-up for the
debian-wiki is more than overdue and that I want to dist-upgrade to
Buster and do some installer related testing on Buster...

> but is there somewhere something to
> install stretch on a C.H.I.P. ?

Hmm. Your question is not very specific.
Is there a reason to prefer Stretch over Buster?

1.) If you need the onboard NAND you have to use a custom kernel. I don't know if there is a clear
upgrade path for kernel updates. You could start with the images
provided at JF possiblities NTC mirror (http://chip.jfpossibilities.com/) and work from there. I am
sorry I have no experience in this area and can't provide much help. The
C.H.I.P. community seems scattered or dead to me. With the death of the
forum much knowledge was lost.

2.) If you want vanilla Debian I am willing to help you.
Most of what I know and did is summarized in this thread:
https://lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2017-August/014646.html

As far as I know sunxi-tools provided by debian package work.

kind regards
Pablo