Re: Rockchip RK3399 based board for server use?

On 2020-01-11 23:16, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Are there any other boards or chipsets I should be considering?

I'm also using A20-based boards for the same kind of use you describe
and for the same reasons, and while I haven't yet felt a need to replace
them, I've noticed the ESPRESSObin as a candidate for successor.
It's not very much more powerful, OTOH.

Thanks for the link, though that board does not look competitive in 2020. It is no better in price or performance than the A20-based boards where when they where released 5 years ago. Right now the only benefits I see are the three network ports, and possibly the very small size & low power requirements for some use cases.

Also it looks like there is no mainline kernel support.

Still, it is good to have alternative options. Thanks for the link.

--
David Pottage