Re: rock64, date is UTC, how to make EST (s/b UTC-5)

On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 11:43:38 -0400
Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> These things don't have a clock, so they use fake-hwclock, so I
> turned on ntp.conf logging and that looks like its doing well. But
> since its not pestering the level one servers, just debians, I left
> that be. The diff is likely measured in micro-seconds.

Actually the Rock64 does have a hardware clock, there's just no battery
so it's not useful.  In the schematics somewhere it shows how to hook a
single lithium cell up.

See dmesg | grep rtc

If you were using it portable or off-grid that would be important.

I haven't built a Linux kernel in 10 years or so, used to do it
routinely in OpenBSD and FreeBSD.  Did it once in Linux because the
default one at the time wouldn't use more than 2 GB of RAM or
something.  That was i386.

My locale stuff didn't change until I'd rebooted, now it shows:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

I've tried setting parts manually, never seems to work.

--
Sent from a Raspberry Pi with Claws mail.