Re: marvell_cesa continues to fail on kirkwood with kernel 4.4

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * JM <fijam@archlinux.us> [2016-02-05 04:20]:
>> To quickly bring you up to speed, the driver for Marvell's hardware
>> crypto accelerator embedded in their Armada/Kirkwood SoCs has been
>> rewritten as marvell_cesa and merged in kernel 4.2. The new driver
>> received a number of patches since and has been enabled in Debian as a
>> module in 4.4~rc4-1~exp1 (debian bug #807634), coexisting with the old
>> driver (mv_cesa).
>
> (As Jan found out later, the drivers don't really coexist that well
> and disabling the old driver makes the new one work.)
>
> Upstream is moving to the new CESA driver, so I'll disable the old one
> in Debian's 4.6.
>
> --
> Martin Michlmayr
> http://www.cyrius.com/

Thanks, I appreciate it!

For anyone on kirkwood affected by this, as a temporary workaround
it's sufficient to simply delete the old mv_cesa.ko, depmod, and
modprobe marvell_cesa with allhwsupport=1. This works as of 4.5.1 in
testing.

Best regards,
Jan