Re: Cubox-i 4x4 RAM [was Re: Performance of armhf boards]

Hello,

On 04/22/2016 08:54 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2016, at 9:04 AM, Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2016-04-21, Rick Thomas wrote:
>>> Are you saying that the amount of RAM seen by Debian Linux is
>>> determined by something in u-boot?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> How is this information communicated from u-boot to the Linux kernel?  I thought I understood (at least in principle) how the hand-off between then worked, but clearly I’m missing something.

RAM setup is done by the boot loader and Linux only gets told the offset
and amount of RAM. If your machine uses dt that info is communicated in
the /memory node, with ATAGs there is an ATAG_MEM tag for each bank.

>>  https://github.com/SolidRun/u-boot-imx6
>>
>> Or, maybe you really did get a cubox-i4pro.
>
> Possible… I’ll have to boot it from the original µSD-card and see what version of u-boot it has.  I may have time to do that this weekend.

You can also check which and how many memory chips are assembled on your
machine.

Best regards
Uwe