Re: armhf Installer Image

On 2014-11-10, Karsten Merker wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:52:54PM +0100, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
>> I am wondering if there is a debian installer image for armhf for cubox-
>> i/armhf.
>>
>> If yes, any documentation on how the installer process works (e.g. boots from
>> USB, installs on micro sd card, etc. or boots from micro SD and also installs
>> on micro SD etc.) would be helpful for me.
> We have recently added support for hd-media images, i.e. booting
> the installer from a USB stick, to d-i, but this works "out of
> the box" only on systems that have a very recent u-boot version
> (v2014.10) with support for the new common u-boot bootcmd
> handling framework.

I've patched in some compatibility support (several standardized
variable names) to emulate this for the cubox-i and wandboard in u-boot
2014.10+dfsg1-2.

I think the hd-media image support should also work with MMC, no?

I tested the hd-media support as far as booting with cubox-i and
wandboard to the installer, but didn't actually do a full install.

The partitioning defaults in debian-installer for several boards
(wandboard, cubox-i, beagleboneblack) all seemed to wipe out the space
on the MMC where u-boot was written, so that needed to be fixed
manually... need to dive in a little deeper to figure out how to fix
that sometime *soon*.

live well,
  vagrant