Re: nslu2 kernel build issue: ABI changed!

* Iain Young <iain@g7iii.net> [2008-10-10 22:15]:
> I am trying to recompile the debian kernel package natively on the
> nslu2, as I need to add the AX25 modules. The kernel and modules
> compile successfully (ok 13.5 hours later...), but then the build
> process complains with the error:
>
> And then it tells me all the AX25 module symbols that I added
> (which of course, I want adding anyway!)

If the ABI of the kernel changes (as it may do when you compile new
modules), then external modules may not work with your kernel.  This
is why the kernel has an ABI version and a check for it.  If you don't
care about external modules, simply remove debian/arch/arm/abi-6.ixp4xx
before you build your kernel and the ABI check won't fail.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/