Re: Re: NSLU2 Debian Installer Erroneous asking for an IP address

Sorry it took so long, but I've finally made that change.  It will go
into the next release of Debian (lenny).

 oldsys-preseed (2.0) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * Use a static IP address when the configuration says so, even when
     this is the default value used by the original firmware.  In the
     past, oldsys-preseed would do DHCP in the assumption that the user
     never configured the static IP address and might not want to have
     that setting.  However, Mike (mwester) convinced me with his
     argument in http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2008/01/msg00050.html
     that doing DHCP when the configuration clearly says to use a static
     IP is a bad idea.
   * Increase the version number to 2.0 because of this change in
     behaviour.  This change affects Linksys NSLU2 and Thecus N2100.

* Mike (mwester) <mwester@dls.net> [2008-01-08 12:49]: