Installing debian on N2100

Hi,

I've been waiting to see if the installer will get fixed so i can install Debian on my Thecus n2100. My skillset is wintel based not Linux which is to say that i am highly technical and i would like to use my n2100 to cross train. As the installer doesnt seem to be getting fixed, can anyone advise me whether i should attempt the work around or not? Ive got the latest firmware on the thecus and can ssh into the box. I would like to get debian on it and then use LVM to raid 1 a portion of the disk for data protection including the debian mount points. And from there learn Debian in more detail.

I would like to do this as a project over christmas, im just worried about getting stranded. Advice greatfully received.

thanks

Andy