Re: Some thoughts on the ARM build daemons

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 17:27 +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> David Fokkema a écrit :
> >>
> >> FYI, we currently have lost 4 out of 7 machines...
> >
> > Obviously, I don't know anything about this and am not involved in any
> > way. But this sounds serious. Recent talk about the current status of
> > the arm port (oldabi, eabi) unsettles me. I only run it on a personal
> > slug, but still... I like debian!
>
> Those build daemons are up, but not building any package, because of a
> too old kernel.
>
> The kernel has been upgraded on one of them one month ago, it needs to
> be restarted.

Something like: ssh in, sudo shutdown -r now?

> Two of them have been upgraded two days ago (nobody contacted the local
> admin before). They needs to be restarted.

So we have a local admin with a box sitting somewhere near, but without
updates on what exactly is being done with them (or not done with them).
That's a shame, but inherent to just offering to host hardware, I
suppose. They have been contacted now?

> The local admin needs to be contacted for the fourth one, but I have no
> idea how to contact him.

That's a shame. Is there some central place with a list of buildd's and
local admins? (Obviously not, but wouldn't it be a great idea?)

I suppose that this happens when you start setting up an experimental
branch of a very large distribution...

David