Re: SD/MMC on PB-ARM926EJ-S linux 2.6.12

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 06:27:25AM -0700, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
> This is regarding my post on SD/MMC on the
> PB-ARM926EJ-S:
>
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg28535.html
>
> I would like to know if anyone is using the SD/MMC on
> this versatile PB-ARM926EJ-S board with linux 2.6.12.
>
> I have enabled the options here in the kernel .config:
>
> [*] MMC Support
> [ ] MMC debugging
> [*] MMC block device driver
> [*] ARM AMBA Multimeda Card Interface support
> [ ] Winbond W83L51xD SD/MMC Card Interface support
>
> The mmc driver gets loaded as seen in the output
> mentioned in the above link. The FPGAs that get mapped
> are, fpga:5 and fpga:a, fpga:b. In /proc/devices I see
> 254 registered with mmc. There is /dev/mmc already in
> base.cramfs filesystem provided by ARM, but, do we
> need to mount it?
>
> I have a Sandisk 256 MB CF which I place in the MMC
> slot, but, I don't see any detection or relevant
> output in dmesg. There is a mmc0, mmc1 displayed in
> dmesg with address, irq details. Is this relevant?

Do you mean a 256MB SD or 256MB MMC card in the MMC slot?  A CF would
have to go in a CF slot, which is rather different than SD and MMC
(which I believe are serial interface, while CF is parallel memory
mapped or ide (it does both)).

> Do the above mentioned drivers compiled in the kernel
> sufficient to use the SD/MMC interface? Or do we have
> to write our own drivers?
>
> Any help in this regard is appreciated.

I don't know that board at all, but I know a CF slot and an MMC slot
would be very different to write a driver for.

Len Sorensen