Re: FPU avoidance idea

>How's this for an idea - what if we could cook up a little binary that
>will do an LD_PRELOAD of the __setfpucw to something harmless?

That would probably work, yes.  I'd managed to delude myself that __setfpucw
actually got inlined into the .init section of the binary, but of course
that's not actually the case and it's safely tucked away in the library.  Doh.

The other (somewhat nasty) option that occurred to me just now was to include
just enough code in the kernel to recognise and ignore "wfs" instructions
while the emulator is not present, in which case probably no binaries would
need changing unless they actually tried to do real floating point work.

p.