Re: nvidia 9800 GT with nouveau on wheezy

Nvidia's refusal to be Linux friendly is well known and they leave messes behind - but back to my original question: does anyone use nouveau on later nvidia cards ? How well does it work? ( I've read that it supports dual heading ) ..

I saw a few more kernel bugs for nouveau listed while I was debugging my wheezy upgrade.. My hunch is it is very close to being usable.

If not - I will look into moving to AMD if I can find cards that support dual-head 1920 x 1200 res for each output..

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Truth is mighty and will prevail.
There is nothing wrong with this,
except that it ain't so.
--Mark Twain