Fwd: Events at login

In addition to the issue below (still pending as I did not get any
clue), the system run out of memory during a calculation while trying
to allocate a small mem segments: "to allocate a shared memory segment
of 49283072 bytes in size".

Checking

cat /proc/sys/kernel/shmax
reported 33554432
while I had set on 18Apr2008 24000000000.

Any trace of setting kernel.shmmax and kernel.shmall had disappeared
from sysctl.

Of course I had run "sysctlc -p" as proved by not having any memory
problems in allocation very large mem segments until recently. I have
nowreallocated shmmax.

Whether or not this issue is related to the one below, both happenen
without warning on my amd6a.

Thanks
francesco pietra