Re: nVidia drivers and LILO

Am Dienstag, 27. Mai 2008 schrieb A J Stiles:
> I know this isn't strictly a 64-bit issue, but:
>
> Is it possible to have one kernel with the nVidia binary driver and one
> without, and use LILO to select between "pure" and "tainted but 3D
> accelerated" modes?
>
> --
> AJS
> delta echo bravo six four at earthshod dot co dot uk

Yes, it is. Just use one kernel without built nvidia-modules , and the other
one with it. You can built same kernel with different subversions (that means
different kernl-modules, too) as far as I know.

You can name (label) your different kernel in /etc/lilo.conf.

You should use grub instead of lilo, as lilo is deprecated (as far as I know).
All newer distributions, I know, are using grub.

Good luck !

Hans