Re: Bugreports, how to handle

"Hans-J. Ullrich" <hans.ullrich@loop.de> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I wonder, why I never get any feedback to my reported bugs. I am using the
> commandline tool "reportbug" and the E-mail-addresse is valid.
>
> So my questions: Where should I check of misconfigurations ?

Do you get an ACK from the BTS? Does http://bugs.debian.org/ show your
bugs after a while?

> Who shall report a bug as fixed ? The maintainer or the one, who opened the
> bug ?

The usual way, if there is such a thing, is for the new source upload
to contain a changelog entry with 'Closes: xxxx'. That makes the
archive software automatically close the respective bugs with the
version of the upload.

If that was forgotten than the maintainer or the reportee can close
the bug, preferably with the right version header for the version
where the bug was fixed. See the docs on bugs.d.o for details of the
mail interface.

But actualy anyone could close a bug. The more removed you are from
the bug the surer you should be that you are doing the right thing
though. Wrongfully closing somone elses bug is hummiliating for
yourself and anoying to the maintainer and reportee.

When a bug is closed the reportee gets an email from the BTS. Do you
get those?

MfG
        Goswin