Re: resizing partition with Windows Vista

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 19:52:19 -0400,
Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

[...]

> I don't suppose you could wipe vista, go with straight Debian, then run
> vista with something like Xen?

Interesting, I've never heard of Xen (just checked up on it).  I've been
quite successfully running a few of the M$ applications I need with
Codeweavers' Crossover (with a few glitches here and there).  Do you run
Vista on Xen?

I may have found a workaround though.  I had created these so-called
"recovery" DVDs once the laptop went through the whole first-run
procedure.  Booting into the 1st DVD there's an option to install
out-of-box software to a custom size partition! So that may be the lucky
solution.

--
Seb