Be warned: acer_acpi cannot be build on kernel 2.6.18 any more

Hello all,

since kernel 2.6.18 the module "acer_acpi" , which is necessary to gain
the "wlan on" switch on Acer notebooks, can not be build any more on the
newest kernel. This is because of some changes in the kernel sources.

I could get it cpompiled with a trick, but even then the kernel refuses to
load it.

Well, please do neither blame the kernel developers nor the developer of the
acer_acpi module. Maybe some good developer might want to have a look ? (I
hope so)

The module is not part of the kernel, but without it, there is no chance to
get wireless on any Acer notebook ! You can find the module sources here:

www.archernar.co.uk/acer_acpi/acer_acpi_main.html

I suggest to stay at kernel version 2.6.17 as long as you can.

This message is not a bug report, as it is not really a bug.

Best regards

Hans