Re: Commercial programs in Debian

>    Sorry for the disturbion but I would like to mention some things.
> I have been thinking about if it was possible to set up some bug list as a
> kind of quality assurance for commercial programs in Debian. Most
> commercial programs I have seen are only said to be compatible with RedHat
> and sometimes SuSe.

Mind that most commercial programs, targeted for RedHat or SuSe, are generally
i386 ONLY !

Second point : commercial program editors want to rely on some king of system
certification ; even if what RedHat or SuSe provide is far from satisfaction,
it can take place in a business process, as a mention to good practice.

Third : what made Apple fortune : a very narrow hardware selection ! If a
commercial program had to rely on
- amd64
- nvidia
on top of any other hardware combination you can imagine, this list would
generate thousands messages a day !

jmt