Re: Tyan S2877 no network? like to end up with something close to sarge...

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 11:19:56PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> yaird is far easier to backport, and pulls in barely any dependencies.

It also (last I tried it) does not support:
passing root= arguments, it hard codes the root location.  This makes
fixing things very difficult.
Does not support md raid, nor lvm.

In all it is almost useless in that state.  I tried that first since yes
it was much easier to backport, but it simply was unusuable for anything
but the most primitive of systems.

Len Sorensen