nvidia-glx got removed- now no GUI

Running Debian AMD64 unstable (sid).

I did an apt-get dist-upgrade yesterday and lost the GUI. Seems there
is a problem with the nvidia driver.

nvidia-glx was removed and now is uninstallable. It tells me:

nvidia-glx: Depends: xserver-common (>= 4.0.3) but it is not going to
be installed

When I try to apt-get install xserver-common it tells me that it
depends on x11-common (>= 6.8.1) but that is also not going to be
installed. I check out x11-common and apt tells me that it is already
the newest version.

Hmmm.... does anyone know what is going on here? It is very
frustrating. I tried downloading and installing a new kernel, new
modules, only after all that found out that nvidia driver doesn't work
because of the lack of nvidia-glx

Any help would be appreciated

Craig