Re: chroot

> > OK, thanks for the help, with sarge it worked... But how do I now
> > install something via apt-get? It only shows:
> >
> > ----
> > apt-get: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot
> > open shared object file: No such file or directory
> > ----
> >
> > Do I have to download libstdc++ manually? Or do I have to set a link
> > somewhere for that? It's all a little bit confusing to me with this
> > chroot...
> >

> Normaly (c)debootstrap installs the required libs for apt.
> cdebootstrap even uses apt-get inside the chroot itself. Not sure what
> went wrong there. The only thing that changed recently is the Sarge R2
> release but I would be surprised if apt changed its depends there.
>
> So, unless you want to debug this, just fetch the proper deb and dpkg
> -i it.

Well,  I found a last years post of you on the net, suggesting
cdebootstrap --debug for this.
But this didn't help either. It ended with

-----
O:  subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 2
O: Errors were encountered while processing:
O:  /cdebootstrap-helper-diverts.deb
D: Return code: 256
-----

Regards,