Re: eth0 down after upgrade

Hi Craig,

>>sounds interesting, but please tell me more. One hint in advance. Use
>>the new driver for your Ralink wireless card. Then ra0 changes to eth1.
>>Now, please paste /etc/network/interfaces.
>

> The Ralink driver is already the newest. (Hasn't been updated since
> sometime in 2004)

apt-cache search ralink

There is a new and far better version. Well it will not solve your
problems, but anyway.

> /etc/network/interfaces -->

> iface eth0 inet static
>         address 220.42.128.76
>         netmask 255.255.252.0
>         gateway 220.42.131.254

> iface ra0 inet dhcp
> wireless-essid YahooBB
>
> auto ra0

For me it seems that you want to connect with two interfaces to the same
router. Does the router like this? Have you tried just bringing up eth0
on start?

Thats my config for comparison. When I try to bring up both, I have
routing problems.
-----%<-----
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.7