Re: Servers inside the chroot

Zachary Rizer wrote:
> --- Thomas Steffen <steffen.list.account@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, you can. The chroot may have a different file
> > system, but it sees exactly the same network.

Agreed.  This works fine.

> The server doesn't seem to want to run in the chroot,
> or if it's running, I can't get to it from outside...
> see below.

The only below I see is:
> > > I'd like to run the FreeNX server, but it won't work
> > > in amd64 "mode" because of a missing
> > > libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3, which is present in the
> > > sid-ia32 chroot.

Since as you say it is present in the sid-ia32 chroot that says to me
that it is working for you.  Right?  If it is not working then what
are the details?

When you say ``amd64 "mode"'' do you mean native amd64 64-bit code?
In which case it would not be using a 32-bit library but would instead
be using a 64-bit library.  Or do you mean running the 32-bit program
outside the chroot?

Bob