Re: W-Lan - which to buy???

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 12:40:49PM +0200, Alexander Voss wrote:
> Hi list,
> two month ago I bought a new notebook and installed Debian unstable AMD-64
> on it. Everything is working fine.
> But... I would like to use wlan. I already had a Lancom Card with Prism
> Javelin/Xbow chip (not supported) and 32 bit Windows drivers (won't work
> with ndiswrapper).
> My only sollution so far is to buy a new wlan-card.
> But before I do this I wanted to ask if anyone has a 64bit system with
> working wlan and can recommend a card.

I have recently found out about ralink.  They seem to actually have
linux open source drivers for their wireless chips.

A list of cards using there chips is here: http://ralink.rapla.net/

I haven't used one myself, but I have seen a few people say it worked
great for them.

Might be worth a shot, given open source drivers is the best way to get
stuff to continue working in the future.

Len Sorensen