Re: help installing sid

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 04:34 pm, Brian Chase wrote:
> No, reading the FAQ has not helped me.  I go to the list for
> assistance where documentation does not solve my problem.  I would
> appreciate anyone who might be able to assist in the failure

I believe that Goswin was referring to this passage in the Installation
chapter of the FAQ
(http://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#installation)

 Keep in mind that the amd64 port is still not in the official archives, but
 the installer is already configured to work as if it was. Thus, you have to
 point it to alioth or a mirror when it comes to downloading packages: Choose
 http as protocol. Then choose the first option which will let you enter the
 information. Enter the host as "debian.inode.at" or
 "debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org" or "bach.hpc2n.umu.se" or
 "bytekeeper.as28747.net". Enter the directory as "/pure64" on the next
 screen. Enter the proxy, if any, on the next screen. Choose unstable as the
 distribution. There are no stable or testing distributions available so far.

which you must have missed.

mike
--
Debian 'Sarge': Registered Linux User #241964
----