Crosscompiling a 64bit kernel on a 32bit host

Hello people,

I am using Sarge (32bit) and the pure 64bit on one machine.
At the moment I using more the 32bit version. The pure make me to much
trouble at the moment.
Now I found at alioth [1] that it is possible to crosscompiling a 64bit
kernel on a 32bit host.

I using sarge and I don't not want to use a woody chroot (what ever
chroot means (I will have a look at the man pages)).
What will happened if I do this on sarge?
---
#  add
deb http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/biarch/ sarge main
to your
/etc/apt/sources.list
which should already point to woody.
#
run apt-get update ; apt-get install libc6 libc6-dev lib64c6 lib64c6-dev
libncurses5 libncurses5-dev \
lib64ncurses5 lib64ncurses5-dev gcc gcc-3.3 g++-3.3 patch make
devscripts dpkg-dev wget bzip2
---

A other point. Is there any more information about the 3 different
version of the AMD64 Debian in German available? It seams to me that my
English is not got enough to follow this list. What is the main
different of this 3 versions etc.

Best regards and thanks.

Dirk

[1]
https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html

--
This is Linux Land-
In silent nights you can hear the windows machines rebooting