Re: firefox-4.0.1

On 08/05/11 00:38, Bob Tracy wrote:
On Sat, May 07, 2011 at 09:12:36AM +1200, Michael Cree wrote:
On 07/05/11 07:11, Bob Tracy wrote:
Just a quick note to let interested parties know I'm working on a 4.0.1
firefox build for alpha.

Cool!  Are you working only on upstream firefox or also on iceweasel in
experimental?

Just on the upstream...

I won't have to time to do much with this for a few days :-(.  I suspect
a workaround would be to disable JIT.  Also suspect that's not the
preferred way to go :-).  For what it's worth, the missing feature seems
to reside entirely within "ExecutableAllocator.h", which is of a size
that does not intimidate.

JIT -- "Just in time" compiler I presume. That would be a major undertaking to get going if it means implementing an Alpha assembler backend to the compiler.

Do you do your build on the PWS433?  A bit slow, eh?

You said it :-).  firefox-3.6.X builds have typically taken a bit over
six hours to complete.

We should investigate getting access to the porter box.

Could you send through your updated patch for xpcom/glue/nsThreadUtils.[cpp,h] that was required on the 3.6. series?

Cheers
Michael.