Re: aboot and the new binutils?

I'm attempting to build/test the rc1 of 2.6.23 from kernel.org.

I have built it with both gcc3.4 and 4.1 using the binutils from unstable.

The last kernel I built from kernel.org (and the kernel I am running) is 2.6.21-rc5 (using gcc4). I built that before I updated the binutils. I would expect for there to be at least a few lines output to the console before the boot fails, instead
I get the "uncompressing" message and it just hangs at that point.

I did notice via a google search that the gentoo/alpha port has been having issues
with aboot and newer kernels.

At this point I am rebuilding the kernel I have been using since April using my current toolchain.

I'll keep you posted.

...tom

This was bnuilt