Re: hdc : lost interrupt ????

Weeeell ...

This machine boots the "standard" sarge kernel (2.4.something) without any
trouble.

What disturbs me is that there is some messages like "probe failed" before
and when I press <shift><PgUp> to see the previous messages, i got loops
of "atkb : unknown scancode for this key" ... But not always!

Arg!

jF

Jean-Francois Gobin said:

The system (PWS500a) chokes on ide_cd and complains a lot about "lost
interrupt".

Any idea ?

Have you had trouble with this drive elsewhere?  I've usually found lost
interrupts on IDE drives mean there is either a cable problem or the drive
is a cheap piece of junk, starting to say it's goodbyes so that it can
leave the party.

Your mileage may vary.

Phil Mendelsohn

- --
Dept. of Mathematics, 342 Machray Hall
U. of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2
Office:  446 Machray Hall, 204-474-6470
http://www.rephil.org/   phil at rephil dot org