Installing on Multia

I'm trying to install the latest stable debian on my 166mhz multia. It
boots into either srm or arc okay, memory tests okay (256mb) and I've
got the original internal scsi drive, and an external scsi cdrom, all
which the multia sees okay. I've even installed a jumpstart.iso on the
hd and can boot that, but when I try to boot the debian disk #1, it
stops at "starting kernel boot/vmlinuz with arguements
ramdisk_size=16384 root=/dev/ram devfs=mount,dall"
    Any clues what the problem is?

--
Harmon Seaver