2.6 kernel on pws433au

Has anyone got a recentish 2.6.x kernel to work on a pws433au box ?

All the latest Debian kernels get as far as identifying the SCSI disks then
start kicking out IO errors and SCSI reset messages.

To make matters worse they seem to corrupt the superblock of the root FS too
so I have to boot the installer (which runs 2.4 and seems to be fine) and
e2fsck it before it will boot off that disk again.

That's with the the Debian kernels 2.6.10 & 2.6.11.

When I tried to compile my own 2.6.14.4 kernel it failed to link :(

--

patrick